The home of high stakes fantasy football.

Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

FFPC 2016 Dynasty Announcements

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Dave

Dave

Capo

• Administrators
  • 3950 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

This post and thread is meant to convey all dynasty league announcements, upgrades, rules and other changes for 2016. This will be sent to all owners in the form of an email.  

Important FFPC Dynasty Dates:

January 21st - Deadline for non-returning owners to notify FFPC to list team for sale.

February 28th - Roster cut downs to 16 players. (1 K and 1 D and no one left on IR).

April 28th - 30th - NFL Draft weekend. (Come join Dave and Eric in Chicago!)

May 14th - Rookie/free agent drafts begin.

August 27th - Bidding opens for preseason waiver run #1.

August 31st - Roster cut downs to 20 players.

September 2nd - Preseason waiver run #1.

September 7th - Preseason waiver run #2. ("my kicker got cut" waivers) 

November 18th - Trade deadline.

Dynasty Announcements and Rules Changes.

1. We are finally accepting credit cards for dynasty leagues.

That includes league fees, deposits, and entry fees.  This will improve convenience for owners and for us. To help offset a portion of rates of credit card fees (4%+), there will be a small effect on payouts for $750-$2500 leagues. $500 league payouts are affected by just $50.  

2. By popular request, we have increased payouts to the #1 and #2 seeds in $500, $750 and $1250 leagues.

We got close to paying back the full entry fee to #1/#2 seeds, but wanted to maintain strong payouts to 1st place as well. Prize structures are below.

$500 Dynasty Leagues

Regular Season Prizes (Weeks 1-13)

Seed #1 $400 / Seed #2 $400

League Playoffs Prizes (Weeks 14-16)

1st - $2,500

2nd - $1,000

3rd - $500  

$750 Dynasty Leagues

Seed #1 $650 / Seed #2 $650

1st - $3,700

2nd - $1,500

3rd - $750

4th - $400  

$1,250 Dynasty Leagues

Seed #1 $1,000 / Seed #2 $1,000

1st - $7,000

2nd - $2,500

3rd - $1,250

4th - $500  

$2,500 Dynasty Leagues 

Seed #1 $2,500 / Seed #2 $2,500

1st - $12,500

2nd - $5,000

3rd - $3,000

4th - $1,500

3. FFPC Dynasty trade deadline EXTENDED by one week. 

In past seasons it was week 10.  This year it will be Friday, November 18th at midnight PT. It seems like most owners do prefer a somewhat later trade deadline so they have a better idea as to whether their team has a good shot at the playoffs or start working on building for the following season. Should increase trade activity which is fun.

4. IR'ed players picked up via waivers can be placed on FFPC Injured Reserve.  

This rule was impossible to enforce well. Some may disagree, but IMO it is not really that big of a deal to permit it. If an owner wants to park a player on his IR all season and carry him or her through roster cuts down to 16 (when all players must be activated with no IR), more power to him or her.

5. NFL players on PUP and NFI (non-football injury list) can now be placed on FFPC Injured Reserve.

In 2015, they had to remain on the active roster. Literally everyone wants to be able to IR PUP list guys while they are on PUP. 

6. We are adding a 2nd preseason waiver period heading into NFL week one for FFPC dynasty leagues.

This will be a normal waiver period on Wednesday, September 7th at 10 pm ET. This will help if anyone has a kicker (or other player) that gets cut by their NFL team during final roster cuts.

7. Offseason roster requirements, reduced 3 RBs and 3 WRs required to 2 RBs required and 2 WRs required.

Dynasty Improvements Coming:

We have a number of improvements on the way for dynasty and overall FFPC leagues as well.

Those include: 

• Improved trade emails.
  • Roster counts in additional places.
  • Updating draft rooms and trade offers to show all traded picks by number (ex. 2.09).
  • Auto-pay when dealing a future 1st.
  • Renew leagues one at a time. 
  • Improved league chat.
  • Set future lineups.
  • Live scoring improvements. 
  • Bid group copy/paste improvements. 
  • Auto-replace QB, K and D in lineup if only one is dropped. 
  • Show current playoff teams in league standings.

There may be more improvements that I am missing as well. 

That pretty much covers it. The 2016 season will be another exciting year for FFPC Dynasty leagues. You can see the passion as owners are already starting to make trades and positioning their teams for roster cuts and the 2016 rookie draft. Bring on the draft!

• SPORTSBETTINGMAN likes this

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:27 AM

Exciting news Dave.....but what about increasing roster sizes for Dynasty leagues? As it stands now, 16 spots is super shallow as far as dynasty goes, it's almost a glorified keeper or redraft league.  Not to mention if I have multiple 1st and 2nd rd picks...my 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc rd picks are pretty much useless as I can only add 4 more rookie players to the original 16 I kept since the roster size is only 20 during the season.  I'm not sure the perfect number of roster spots, but maybe a 2 spot increase and see how that feels. Its something that could be voted on amongst all the dynasty players if it were a possibility.

Thanks.  Jeff

#3 Aunt Jemima

Aunt Jemima

Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMedia, PA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:38 AM

Thanks Dave! Sounds great

Jeff I have to disagree on keeping more players. Every year there is turnover and some teams take a long time to sell as they are pretty bad. The bigger the roster size, the harder it will be to get new owners for these teams. As it stands now, rebuilds are possible and don't take that long if things break right. Owners don't want to invest $1250 or $2500 on a roster in shambles where a rebuild would take several years, just a big investment most won't want to make and it kind of puts the whole league at risk.

I also think it takes more skill as it stands now, you have to make some real decisions on who to keep, trade, drop, etc. that can make a big difference.

#4 Dave

Dave

Capo

• Administrators
  • 3950 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

Jeff I have to disagree on keeping more players. Every year there is turnover and some teams take a long time to sell as they are pretty bad. The bigger the roster size, the harder it will be to get new owners for these teams. As it stands now, rebuilds are possible and don't take that long if things break right. Owners don't want to invest $1250 or $2500 on a roster in shambles where a rebuild would take several years, just a big investment most won't want to make and it kind of puts the whole league at risk.

I also think it takes more skill as it stands now, you have to make some real decisions on who to keep, trade, drop, etc. that can make a big difference.

I would like to echo everything said here. All of these points are valid. We feel pretty good about the current roster sizes.

#5 Mr_Incedible

Mr_Incedible

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Agreed also. This coming from a guy that just took over a dynasty team. Seems like the deck is already stacked against us.

#6 Gryphons/Boise/Wyverns

Gryphons/Boise/Wyverns

Special Teams

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

Keep the upgrades coming :)

The user friendly things are the best, like being able to see previous trades clearly, as well as trade emails/offers. 

Maybe at some point the message board is revamped.  In my leagues the message board used to be very active, but they have pretty much died since the format switch.  It was nice to easily see and reply to messages on the home page. 

As for rosters.  The last thing we need to do is increase them.  No idea how these leagues are compared to keeper or redraft leagues, at all.

#7 GoWithWhatYouGot

GoWithWhatYouGot

Batboy

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Love the FFPC format, and the job you all do is top notch, I agree site upgrades are needed , part for me may be my comfort level with myfantasyleague set up. The dynasty I joined will be a lot more fun with the upgrades ...... Keep up the great work.

Ps when does trading open in dynasty ? Thanks

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

With the exception of 2017 picks, trading is open now.

#9 Jeff

Jeff

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Keep the upgrades coming :)

The user friendly things are the best, like being able to see previous trades clearly, as well as trade emails/offers. 

Maybe at some point the message board is revamped.  In my leagues the message board used to be very active, but they have pretty much died since the format switch.  It was nice to easily see and reply to messages on the home page. 

As for rosters.  The last thing we need to do is increase them.  No idea how these leagues are compared to keeper or redraft leagues, at all.

In comparison to deep dynasty leagues where you are rostering 35+ players.

#10 Jeff

Jeff

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

I would like to echo everything said here. All of these points are valid. We feel pretty good about the current roster sizes.

What about creating a deep roster dynasty league. You would definitely have no problem filling it.   Also 2-Qb or super flex dynasty would be fun.

#11 gianmarco

gianmarco

Newborn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

Some great improvements, particularly the 2nd waiver run prior to week 1 and the IR changes.  A few suggestions if I might:

1)  The $500 leagues are the only ones that don't pay a 4th spot.  Ideally, it would be nice if it did, however as payouts were just changed and assuming they stay the same, I don't think the 4th place team that finished out of the money should be able to draft higher than the 2 teams that finished 5th and 6th.  With current rules, it's based on money won, but a team that makes final four shouldn't be drafting 1.7, IMO, which actually happened this year in one of our leagues.  In the final week, that team had a chance to win 1st or the best pick of all playoff teams......

2)  It would be really nice to have owner's emails on their team page (not just the "Owner" page).  Even better would be to make it linkable, but not nearly as important.  It would also be nice to see any specific outstanding trade offers to a team when you click on that team's page.

3)  When a trade has been offered, it would be nice to show the actual trade offer on the subsequent page.  We all make mistakes when making offers and that would allow it to be caught a lot faster. 

4)  Adjusting the "avg pts" listed by players on rosters to reflect the actual average based on their games played.  The whole ppg average is only helpful when you're not factoring in games that weren't played by a player.

5)  Adding an "offer trade" button next to each team on the "Rosters" page and/or adding one to each player's page when you click on it.

6)  Finally, improved trade emails will be welcome, but a history of trade offers on the site would be the most helpful.  Knowing what has already been sent and rejected is important and is hard to keep track of across many leagues with multiple owners.  As it stands now, it takes an email search to try and find and that doesn't always yield the best results.

The changes have come a long way and the site is actually turning into something enjoyable to use despite some of the issues I outlined above.  I know there is likely a huge list of things to get done with varying priority, but hoping some of these can be added at some point. 

#12 Dave

Dave

Capo

• Administrators
  • 3950 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Some great improvements, particularly the 2nd waiver run prior to week 1 and the IR changes.  A few suggestions if I might:

1)  The $500 leagues are the only ones that don't pay a 4th spot.  Ideally, it would be nice if it did, however as payouts were just changed and assuming they stay the same, I don't think the 4th place team that finished out of the money should be able to draft higher than the 2 teams that finished 5th and 6th.  With current rules, it's based on money won, but a team that makes final four shouldn't be drafting 1.7, IMO, which actually happened this year in one of our leagues.  In the final week, that team had a chance to win 1st or the best pick of all playoff teams......

2)  It would be really nice to have owner's emails on their team page (not just the "Owner" page).  Even better would be to make it linkable, but not nearly as important.  It would also be nice to see any specific outstanding trade offers to a team when you click on that team's page.

3)  When a trade has been offered, it would be nice to show the actual trade offer on the subsequent page.  We all make mistakes when making offers and that would allow it to be caught a lot faster. 

4)  Adjusting the "avg pts" listed by players on rosters to reflect the actual average based on their games played.  The whole ppg average is only helpful when you're not factoring in games that weren't played by a player.

5)  Adding an "offer trade" button next to each team on the "Rosters" page and/or adding one to each player's page when you click on it.

6)  Finally, improved trade emails will be welcome, but a history of trade offers on the site would be the most helpful.  Knowing what has already been sent and rejected is important and is hard to keep track of across many leagues with multiple owners.  As it stands now, it takes an email search to try and find and that doesn't always yield the best results.

The changes have come a long way and the site is actually turning into something enjoyable to use despite some of the issues I outlined above.  I know there is likely a huge list of things to get done with varying priority, but hoping some of these can be added at some point. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Some these listed above are also being done and some of the other ideas are new to us, so we will take a look at them further.

#13 Dave

Dave

Capo

• Administrators
  • 3950 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

2017 picks are coming as soon as add the 1st round pick automatic deposit functionality. They are working on that now.

#14 Fish

Fish

Special Teams

• Members
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

Wondering if listing the total amount of players currently on every teams roster (next to their team name somewhere) would be a relatively easy add? 

That would be a big time saver as we approach cut-down day.  I'm thinking it's on the list because it was touched on last year, but the next 40 days are when it would be most valuable.

• Cavalier King Charles and Over-Hyped Sleeper like this
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra." ~Jimmy Johnson

#15 ShanePHallam

ShanePHallam

Newborn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

2017 picks are coming as soon as add the 1st round pick automatic deposit functionality. They are working on that now.

Digging the new changes (especially the roster limit on players, etc).  

Can't wait for 2017 picks to be added.  I'm essentially holding off on all my trading until then

#16 Dave

Dave

Capo

• Administrators
  • 3950 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

Wondering if listing the total amount of players currently on every teams roster (next to their team name somewhere) would be a relatively easy add? 

That would be a big time saver as we approach cut-down day.  I'm thinking it's on the list because it was touched on last year, but the next 40 days are when it would be most valuable.

Yeah, that is coming and is easy enough and long overdue. We discussed dynasty in our in-person meeting with our tech development team first and foremost at the FSTA trade show this past week. 

#17 Jeff

Jeff

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

What about listing the position of the actual draft pick? One of the most annoying things is when I receive a trade offer including draft picks and it doesn't show what position it is in said round.

For Example..as of now a trade looks like

Antonio Brown

2016 Round 1 Pick(Team Eskimo)

2016 Round 2 Pick(Team Brother)

for

Amari Cooper

2016 Round 1 Pick(Team Baba)

2016 Round 1 Pick (Team Booey)

It would be much simpler if it were

Antonio Brown

2016 Pick 1.03

2016 Pick 2.05

for

Amari Cooper

2016 Pick 1.06

2016 Pick 1.09

Is this something that is in the works?

• SPORTSBETTINGMAN, menobrown, Chef Paul and 2 others like this

#18 Chef Paul

Chef Paul

Unrestricted Free Agent

• Members
  • 2344 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:41 PM

Hope so...
Peace, Love and The 6x SB Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

#19 gianmarco

gianmarco

Newborn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:36 AM

Just an FYI, not all notifications are going out.  We've had some trade offers both sent and received without any emails while others have come through fine.  Might be with the changes being made but thought I'd let you know just in case.

#20 SPORTSBETTINGMAN

SPORTSBETTINGMAN

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

A constructive comment re: trade or rejection emails in dynasty.  It would be awesome to alter the color or font of font size of the human comment from the other team if there was one.  The current format just blends it away into garbage.

#21 SPORTSBETTINGMAN

SPORTSBETTINGMAN

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

Is there some software transition going on where the dynasty picks are being shown in an inaccurate manner? 

• House of Cards likes this

#22 MRx747

MRx747

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:17 AM

I just can't wait for new leagues for Dynasty format to come out, look like 2 more teams then we can have some new leagues coming out.

#23 Lexus

Lexus

Second Team - Backup

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

Is there some software transition going on where the dynasty picks are being shown in an inaccurate manner? 

Lance, I noticed the same thing as well in my FFPC Dyno league. After some investigating, I've concluded that the programmers are still not up to snuff when it comes to being able to avoid selected improvements/updates in one area impacting the correctness of data/info/et cetera in other areas.

This one particular observation you & I made involving the 2016 Draft Order being invalid, is a direct result of something being based upon the results of the 2015 championship playoffs in dynasty leagues being incorrectly calculated based upon total point scoring in weeks 14 thru 16 - and who knows how this got screwed-up, but it did. Just go to your league main page, click on the setting to go back to the 2015 league year, click on Playoff options above the league standings format, and you'll see why the 2016 draft order for the lower half of draft round picks is incorrectly being calculated & assigned from the supposed total points scoring from week 14 thru week 16 inclusive. Just my findings from a little surfing around our FFPC dynasty site "improvements/updates".

I'm sure that others have made the similar observation(s), but are waiting for league officials to make an official announcement as to corrective actions to be taken by the appropriate parties. Have a great 2016 season - Ace. :D :ph34r:

P. S. Actual draft order for slots 7 thru 12 is supposed to be based upon Total Playoff monies won, and for those with $0 Total Playoff monies won then total points scored in the regular season will be utilized to finalized the draft order (with lower totals being awarded a better draft slot). This is what has been in the rules since FFPC dynasty leagues began annual rookie drafts. This is indeed different from the methodology implemented for establishing the draft order for slots 1 thru 6, which is based upon their own playoff bracket results in week 14 thru week 16.

• SPORTSBETTINGMAN likes this

#24 SPORTSBETTINGMAN

SPORTSBETTINGMAN

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:37 PM

Just an idea inspired by today's NBA 3-team trade. 

That's about it. :D

(your team plus another team PLUS ANOTHER TEAM and a bunch of button clicking and dreaming, requiring all parties to hit "accept" ) 

#25 MRx747

MRx747

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:18 AM

Anyone else waiting for new leagues to open? lets all chip in some small money to make those orphan teams sell quicker!!!! :rolleyes:

• GoWithWhatYouGot likes this

#26 GoWithWhatYouGot

GoWithWhatYouGot

Batboy

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

Anyone else waiting for new leagues to open? lets all chip in some small money to make those orphan teams sell quicker!!!! :rolleyes:

yup

#27 FantasyQB

FantasyQB

Whippersnapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

I'm waiting for new dynasty leagues to open, but happy to get my fix with some early draft experts 

#3 Overall FFPC Main Event - 2013

Triple High Stakes League Winner

Top 2% FPC - 2014 
Follow @FantasyQB on Twitter

#28 $ EARN-IN MOUNT VERNON

$ EARN-IN MOUNT VERNON

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

When are the divisions going to be randomized?

#29 HEADBANGER1967

HEADBANGER1967

Batboy

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

When are the divisions going to be randomized?

Per FFPC Rules  "Divisions will be randomized after each season ends, shortly after February 28th of each year." 

#30 $ EARN-IN MOUNT VERNON

$ EARN-IN MOUNT VERNON

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:04 PM

From one ex-headbanger to another, thks.

Made it out alive. Ha, ha...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users